Escape Room Live DC - A unique exit game experience
Here is the premise. You are locked in a room with a group of 6-8 friends. You have 45 minutes to find clues hidden in the room, solve puzzles, work as a team and get out of there before time runs out. Does that sound fun? Read on to find out more.
I recently tried the Escape Room Live DC and have to say it was one of the most fun activities I have done. This real life exit game experience is designed for groups of 6-12 and is a fun, interactive way to spend time with friends, family, coworkers.
Escape Room DC is in Glover Park, and has 2 game rooms. Once you’ve booked your spot, show up with your group and the awesome Escape Room staff will guide you from there. They provide you with the narrative, explain some dos and don’ts, and then you are locked in! From there, it’s all up to you and your team!
But don’t worry, the room is monitored the entire time via CCTV by a staff member, and will be willing to provide you a hint to move you along if you are stuck, and if you accept the offer. We accepted 2 clues along the way, and although there is no time penalty to this, there is definitely a hit to the ego.
Here is what you need to know:
1. Book the entire room to yourself, and go with people you know – you WILL need to work together, and resolve disagreements.
2. It’s definitely challenging – we got out with barely seconds to spare. And that was after getting a slight push from the staff.
3. There are many red herrings, and there are many ways to get to the same conclusion.
4. 45 minutes goes by real quick.
5. It works out to about $30 per person, for 45 minutes of clue solving, but hours of entertainment following that, discussing and dissecting the clues over and over again.
The staff is constantly making updates to the room, adding clues, and is even in the process of adding additional rooms, so you can always go back for a different experience. I just heard that they are opening a second location in Old Town Alexandria as well!
If you like the sound of this unique experience, you MUST try it out as soon as possible. CAN YOU DO IT?